The MCR follows USA Rugby guidelines found here: League Standings Policy
League Tiebreaking Procedures
The MCR follows USA Rugby guidelines found here: Tiebreaking Procedures
Play-off Overtime Regulations (15s playoffs)
- If the match is tied in regulation, then there will be a five (5) minute water break followed by overtime.
- There will be a coin toss during the water break to determine side and kickoff. Teams will alternate side and kickoff at the start of every overtime period.
- Overtime begins with two (2) ten (10) minute periods. Both ten (10) minute periods will be fully played, regardless of scoring.
- There is a two (2) minute water break at the end of every overtime period.
- If one team is ahead at the end of the second overtime period, then they are the winner of the match.
- If the match is still tied after two overtime periods, the match will proceed to sudden death.
- Sudden death consists of ten (10) minute periods with a change of sides and kickoffs after each period.
- Note: the teams merely switch sides and kickoff to the begin the third overtime period which begins sudden death; there is no additional coin toss.
- The first team to score in sudden death is the winner of the match.
- There will be a five (5) minute water break after each forty (40) minutes (4 periods) of overtime play.