- Are you passionate about senior club rugby?
- Are your constant conversations about playing Midwest rugby taking a toll on your personal life?
- Does getting paid to be a content-generating machine and external communications hub for Midwest senior club rugby sound interesting?
- Are you interested in sports management?
- Do you have a passion for non-profits?
The Midwest Rugby Football Union (MWRFU), a leader among USA Rugby’s leading rugby organizations, is looking for an exceptional person to join our winning team as a part time administrator.
TERRITORIAL RUGBY UNION ADMINISTRATOR
Summary: Midwest Rugby Football Union (MWRFU), a leader among USA Rugby’s leading rugby organizations, is looking for an exceptional Territorial Rugby Union (TRU) Administrator to join our winning team and provide professional project administrative support to the MWRFU.
The TRU Administrator will, in collaboration with the MWRFU board of directors, create and implement the organization’s strategic plan. As the TRU Administrator, you will utilize all available resources, including existing personnel, processes and systems in a stakeholder spectrum that ranges from the USA Rugby National Office to the individual players in their with local rugby organizations. In so doing, you will help facilitate and implement USA Rugby programs at the local level, while supporting growth at the Midwest level.
Date Posted: 3/26/2020
Closing date for applications:
Supervision: MWRFU President
Location: Within the jurisdiction of the MWRFU (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Wisconsin)
Hourly Requirements: Initially, 25 hours per week. We will work with you to agree the structure of these. Should you have a preference, please indicate this as part of your application.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In collaboration with the board of MWRFU, you will assist in the creation of, and lead in the implementation of, the organizations strategic plan.
- Through the use of contractors, volunteers, processes and systems, you will manage the day to day activities of MWRFU competitive divisions, educational programs, championships, and tournaments
- You will establish in collaboration with the MWRFU board an annual budget, using financial metrics and reports to ensure that the agreed annual budget goals are met. You must keep accurate and complete financial accounts.
- When needed, you will represent the interests of MWRFU before regional and national governing bodies.
- It will be your responsibility to set and maintain operational standards, which may include providing assistance the Secretary to record minutes during Annual General Meetings, as well as other MWRFU functions.
- You will respond to and resolve complaints and conflicts
- You will be asked to perform additional duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: MWRFU is dedicated to provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In addition to your exceptional project administration skills, you’ll also be a confident communicator who prides yourself on preparing and presenting information to the MWRFU board members, as well as other internal and external stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven project administration experience
- Experience in a fast-paced office environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, intermediate knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Confidence on Email systems and good working knowledge of internet and other forms of new technology, including website management.
- The ability to work unsupervised, to use initiative appropriately, to proactively manage a range of situations.
- The ability to write business correspondence of the appropriate style, format and level of effectiveness, as well as the ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from internal and external stakeholders.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- College degree.
- 2+ years of experience in a managerial role within a 501(c)(3) sports organization.
- May substitute if you have 3+ years of current or past experience as a head coach or 4+ years assistant coach of a high school/collegiate/club rugby organization.
- Fund raising and Grant / sponsorship writing experience is not required but is beneficial.
LEADERSHIP: To perform this job satisfactorily, you must possess the ability to influence others, understand and capitalize on the effective use of volunteers, teams and savvy to know when to assume the leadership role or follow the leadership of others. You will need to earn the respect of others through his / her actions. You must be able to interact and collaborate with the community a part of which will include your active and vocal support of MWRFU’s diverse and inclusive culture.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND CHECKS AND REFERENCE CHECKS To ensure that individuals who join our team are qualified and to protect MWRFU assets, it is our policy to conduct pre-employment background checks on all applicants who accept an offer of employment. Background checks may include verification of any information on the applicant’s resume or employment application.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon the receipt of a background check report that is acceptable and compliant with national, state and local law. All background checks are conducted in conformity with the Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and state and federal privacy and anti-discrimination laws. Reports are kept confidential and are viewed only by authorized individuals involved in the hiring process. Background checks include obtaining a National Limited Criminal History and may be updated periodically during employment.
WORK ENVIROMENT: Your job duties may require you to occasionally be exposed to the environmental conditions associated with traveling as well as outdoor conditions /elements.
SUBMITTING YOUR RESUME
Email resumes to email@example.com