MWRFU C-19 Compliance Program Development Steps
There have been a number of questions related to how member Local Area Unions (LAUs) and clubs can begin to develop their COVID-19 Safety Plans. The following steps are meant to provide guidance.
LOCAL AREA UNIONS
- Distribute Return to Play (RTP) Handbooks to all member clubs of your LAU.
- Appoint a Union Compliance Officer and provide contact information to the Midwest and all member Clubs.
- LAU Compliance Officers should familiarize themselves with the Compliance Reporting Sheets and update their geographic area’s re-opening stages.
- Collect initial documentation from member clubs and update the Reporting Sheets;
- Club COVID-19 Safety Plan;
- Club Compliance Officer contact information;
- World Rugby (WR) COVID-19 Module Certifications.
- Collect ongoing documentation from member clubs and periodically update the Reporting Sheets:
- Practice Plans – attendance, symptom checking, temperature readings;
- Equipment sanitation tracking.
- Review member club documentation and update Midwest Reporting Sheets weekly.
- Review the RTP Handbook that was provided to you from the Midwest, your LAU, or your Competition Coordinator.
- Develop your club’s COVID-19 Safety Plan based upon the guidance provided in the Handbook.
- Send the completed plan to your Local Area Union’s Compliance Officer. The plan should provide the name and contact information of your club’s Compliance Officer.
- Ensure that all coaches and administrators have completed the WR COVID-19 Safety Modules and submit the completion certificates to the LAU Compliance Officer.
- Use the Navigation Statement provided by the Midwest to develop a process to collect, document, and share training attendance, player symptom checks, temperature readings, and cleaning procedures to the LAU Compliance Officer. Please ensure that the LAU Compliance Officer has permissions to view your tracking data (if using Google Sheets) .
- Continually collect, document, and share pertinent information with the LAU Compliance Officer.