Registration Compliance Policy
For the Fifteens Competitive Season, any club that does not have fifteen (15) active players registered and current with USA Rugby, on the club roster for scheduled league matches and/or does not have a coach listed, in compliance with USA Eligibility Rules, will administratively forfeit the match.
Any team found to have played an un-registered individual in a match will forfeit that match. Teams are encouraged to request identification of any players before or after a match. Teams, or referees, can report a player and team for investigation to the Competitions Committee. Individuals must identify themselves when filing a complaint and their team association.
All players, administrators, and coaches are expected to be aware and comply with USA Eligibility Rules. All teams are expected to retain a copy of all registration waivers signed by all active participants.
For rules on clubs fielding multiple sides, additional requirements are called out in the USA Eligibility Rules. USAR has prepared this document to help guide you with how to field and document your players.
Member Clubs must comply with the following criteria to be a member in good standing and remain eligible to play in an MCR League Competitions or a USA Rugby Playoff or Championship.
- Local Area Union (LAU) approval: A Club must be formally approved as a member club by their respective LAU;
- MCR Competitions Committee approval: A Club must be formally approved as a competitive club;
- The MCR Competitions Committee will determine a Club’s competitive division based on the current promotion and relegation policy;
- Club Registration: A Club must be enrolled in the current year’s CIPP with USA Rugby;
- Coach Registration: A Club must have an active Level 200 Coach associated with their roster;
- Good Standing: A Club must be in good standing with the Midwest Rugby Union, their LAU, and USA Rugby. Good standing implies that the club has no outstanding disciplinary actions, dues, fines, assessments, and/or other debts to their respective unions, and USA Rugby.
- Other Standards: A Club must meet all other standards currently required or that may be imposed by the MCR, and USA Rugby;
- In addition to being ineligible for MCR League and Championship matches, an ineligible club may not participate in any official Midwest Annual Meetings;
- It is a violation of the MCR Disciplinary Code for a club to knowingly violate any of the above listed eligibility criteria. Such violation may result in fines and /or sanctions for the offending club.
The MCR follows the USA Rugby Eligibility Guidelines (http://usarugby.org/eligibility)
Team Minimum Participation Requirements by Division
All teams participating towards a USA Rugby Senior Club National Championship Series event must play in a minimum number of required qualifying matches each season. Division 4 men’s league play is based on the MCR required minimum of six (6) matches. The MCR follows USA Rugby guidelines found here: https://assets.usa.rugby/docs/club/cms/USA-Rugby-Team-Minimum-Participation-Requirements-by-Division.pdf?v=1568082600868